Kent Madsen - Managing Director
Kent Madsen is a Managing Director at EPIC Ventures and has been a venture capitalist investing in seed and early-stage technology companies for more than a decade. Previously Kent was a Managing Director at Wasatch Venture Fund, a firm with four funds and investments in 70 companies.
While at Wasatch, Kent also served as CEO of MACC Private Equities (NASDQ: MACC) and its wholly owned subsidiary MorAmerica Capital, one of the nation’s oldest and most well-known late-stage SBIC companies that has provided sub-debt and equity financing of approximately 120 companies.
Previously, Kent worked for Ford Motor Company. He started in the Advanced Technology Group where he developed mathematical and computational models for optimizing vehicles’ aerodynamic and thermodynamic properties and systems. He then transferred to Ford's China Operations. Prior to working for Ford, as a graduate student, Mr. Madsen taught Engineering Thermodynamics at the University of Michigan.
Kent has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics from the University of Pennsylvania. He has a M.S.E. from the University of Michigan and an M.A. in International Studies from the the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Madsen also received an M.B.A. from Wharton.
- MBA - Wharton Business School
- MA - University of Pennsylvania
- MSE - University of Michigan
- BS - University of Pennsylvania
- Canopy Tax
- HGData (Board Member)
- Knod (Board Member)
- Shape Security
- SilverVue (Board Member)
- Advanced Software (Acquired: Embarcadero Technologies)
- Cerberian (Acquired: Bluecoat Systems)
- Divx (IPO: DIVX)
- Everdream (Acquired: Dell)
- Everspin (IPO: MRAM)
- Infinera (IPO: INFN)
- Ingeo Systems (Acquired: CSC)
- Lefthand Networks (Acquired: Hewlett Packard)
- Linux Networx (Acquired: Silicon Graphics)
- Navitel (Acquired: Open TV)
- Netcentives (IPO: NCNT)
- Pivot Solutions (Acquired: CMI)
- Zettacore (Acquired: Atotech)